Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Julie...an Artist??

My visit to Repartee Gallery went better than I expected. I brought four collages, an oil painting, and a watercolor in for feedback. The manager helped me choose a frame for the oil painting with plans to hang it in the gallery once it's framed. Out of the four collages, she kept the biggest one, and the only one that was already framed, and decided to hang it without approval of the rest of the committee--her parents' own the gallery so I think she feels safe making risky moves. She also took pictures of everything I brought in and planned to present them to the committee. She hopes to have an "emerging artist" feature wall soon where she can hang a couple of my things as well as some other unknowns.

Now I have to send her an artist bio and photo-Ugh! I'll give that some thought and I might need suggestions.

I'm still scared to death to put my art on my blog--baby steps.

P.S. what do you want me to paint next? Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

You are awesome!! I'm proud of you for putting your art out for the public view. I'll have to find the art gallery and take the kids in. If you want a project, how about Whitney as a ballerina?:)

Unknown said...

That's very awesome. I bet it feels great. I do want to see more of your art. I've only seen what you've given to Kathy and Gary.

Anonymous said...

What a champ! That's amazing! You are so strong, and it paid off! But I really want to see some of that work now! Congrats on a great day!

Cherish said...

Congratulations! You're work is so amazing, really. I wish I had even a slight amount of artistic abilities in me. I would love to see your art in the gallery, too, so keep us updated.